different brightness in a sequence of photos

marini
marini Posts: 14 Just Starting Out

I have a sequence of 16 photos with the same subject but different brightness, for make the brightness equal, I should use "granding transfer" for each photo, or is there a faster method?

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,297 Power User

Grading transfer will probably do it. You can try Auto Levels or Auto Contrast as well.

• marini

[url=https://postimg.cc/z3jqLGRG][img]https://i.postimg.cc/z3jqLGRG/lucea.png[/img][/url]

how can i make these 2 photos similar?

With "Auto levels" or "auto contrast" i cant do it.

• marini
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,899 Ambassador

@marini I would say give the Curves effect a try. You might find that you will want apply to both to find a common middle.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,994 Just Starting Out
    edited September 2020

I would use the curves effect for this. Here's a quick and dirty example, though shadows need a little bit of adjustment

In general, it is best to re-shoot in such situations because it'll probably be faster to do than fixing in post. If there's many fast cuts, it may show up as a slight flicker due to the differences in colour, especially in stop motion if that's what you're going for here. Controlling the exposure is quite important and the changing colour temperature in your room may contribute to this happening more frequently. If you had your own LED's, light strip or similar setup, then you'll be able to somewhat prevent this from happening, especially in the shadow tones. Avoiding auto exposure in your camera's settings is also adviseable, but in general it's pretty good. That may be out of your comfort zone

As food for thought, check out how sitcoms and many other studios solve this problem with lights around the set (from VOX)

Do feel free to share the final shot with us in the future :)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,297 Power User

As @Stargazer54 and @CNK said Curves is your best choice. If the auto effects didn't do it for you, manual adjustment is your only option.

Speaking of manual, whatever you shot with, learn its manual mode. Locking your iris, iso and shutter speed for consistent photos will, in the long run save you time in the edit.