Copy/paste of parented image layers is causing consistent crashes

KayEm
KayEm Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out

Hi all,

I've been having this incredibly annoying crash problem that only started happening in the last few months and I can't figure out a solution.

I use Hitfilm 15 pro to animate so often I'll make animation sequences in a composite so that I can easily drop it into other composites later. I animate by parenting image layers of legs, arms, and head to the torso, usually. I do this so that if I move the torso, I can move the entire character without affecting anything else.

The problem is, if I try to copy/paste an entire character's image layers, Hitfilm crashes. Says "unknown error occured. Hitfilm has to exit." If I try to send an error report, I get "dump file too large."

I figured out that Hitfilm, for some reason, and for some reason very recently, will crash if you copy/paste multiple parented images at once. The problem goes away if I de-parent everything. But it is incredibly annoying and time consuming to de-parent, copy/paste, and then re-parent. There are often 7+ layers that I need to do this for.

Has anyone run across this before, and if so, is there a DIY fix? If not, can the Hitfilm staff be notified of this bug?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments