HitFilm sale - will there be an option for new users?

PrzemasPrzemas Website User Posts: 8
I've been browsing HitFilm's FB for quit a while. Just tried the trial and I got to admit I really enjoyed it - HitFilm is so much more and so fun to use compared to the software I have atm (which I won't nae as it deserves to be forgotten... ;) ).
I've noticed the promo for upgardes - do you plan something like this for new users?
I'd love to purchase HitFilm straight away , but have to admit that unless there's a deal I'd have a hard time convincing folks in the workshop to do it - as it is considered I have the software already (I'm the only one that uses it so only I feel the pain using this buggy piece of code I currently have) and the videos are something we do mostly for fun.

Comments

• MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited July 2014
    The only guarantee you have at deal is Christmas. I don't know if there has been a year (since I've been following FxHome) when they didn't have a Christmas sale.
  • RossTrowbridgeRossTrowbridge Website User Posts: 423 Enthusiast
    Tubetabe sometimes puts it on sale.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    In fact, Tubetape.net had it 50% off just two weeks ago. Is the promo code for this weekend really just upgrades only? I would think it would work for new purchases.
  • PrzemasPrzemas Website User Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Ouch, will have to wait then .
    BTW - thx for letting me know about Tubetape.net, will be checking this site too. Hopefully there will be a sale/promo before Xmas .
    edit: Wow, turned out 4thJuly promo code works for new activations! Awesome!
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador
    Had a feeling it would. Good to know.
    :) . So now I am happy customer :D .
    Couldn't resist playing with the app even though it is weekend and the impression I got from the trial continues - Hitfilm is miles better from the thing I've been using, much snappier and with UI that (at least so far ;) ) makes sense .
  • KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff
    Sorry about the delay in response here Przemas - glad you found us and that you managed to get your software as part of the promotion!
    Enjoy using HitFilm and keep popping back to the forums if you have any problems - as you can see, we have a pretty helpful community ;)
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Welcome to the party. :)
    Thx - happy to have HitFilm so far (btw - I've just made a fun , but really on topic typo "HotFilm" :D ). So far it has made something that was frustrating into a really enjoyable task. And that's even though I've encountered some minor issues - but thx to the way HF is set up I was able to sort out workarounds :) . Really cool software after first days!