Could not initialize the playback engine for the sequence

Bunneh4444
Bunneh4444 Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out
edited September 2020 in HitFilm

Hi i'm new here but i really need some help,

the preview for the video doesn't play, it just says could not initialize the playback engine for the sequence in the corner.

How do i fix this? please help i have to finish this for school this day.

Tagged:

Comments

• selkirkoutfitters
    selkirkoutfitters Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi I am new here as well and am having the same issue. After looking up this issue they all said to try one of the following:

Restart program

Restart computer

Uninstall and reinstall program

As I have tried all of these and it is still not working I was wondering if you found a solution? The other discussion boards I saw with the solutions were from 2016-2017 and I wanted to see if there was a recent solution. I am running the following:

Windows 10

Dell G5 5000

10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700F 8-Core

32GB RAM

NIVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB

• selkirkoutfitters
    selkirkoutfitters Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

(SOLVED)

Turns out I had to update my BIOS for those of you having the same issue.

• dxv_Diegovela
    dxv_Diegovela Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

how do i update my bios

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,321 Ambassador

@dvx-Diegovela Google is you friend. Look up your motherboard model and you should find info on doing the bios upgrade. You will need to go the motherboard's manufacturer website to find new bios. However, you can brick your computer if you aren't careful. If you aren't comfortable doing this then have someone knowledgeable in computer maintenance assist.

That said, there is no guarantee that a bios upgrade fixes your problem. Are you getting the same error in the title of the original post?