[FEATURE] BPM/Metronome Grid on the timeline.

Jay_TholenJay_Tholen Website User Posts: 10 Just Starting Out

Most of what I work on is synchronized to music that has been made in a DAW at a particular tempo. I'd love to be able to toggle on a Beats-per-minute grid to edit over. Similar to what you see in a DAW like ableton, just vertical lines denoting beats. Ideally with some sort of clip snapping functionality.

Of course it's going to be rare that a 29, 30, or 60fps video is going to perfectly sync with any given tempo, but even just having video snap to the nearest frame without having to export an audio click track and line everything up by eye would be a major relief and greatly reduce the amount of time my productions take.

I imagine this feature could be a major differentiator for Hitfilm as well. As far as I know, none of your competitors have implemented such a thing.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 17,779 Ambassador

@Jay_Tholen FYI Vegas Pro lets you set up your timeline ruler to BPM, But Vegas Pro started as a multitrack audio DAW before it added Video NLE, so Vegas does some things differently from everything else.