i cant export videos

1830hacka
1830hacka Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

every time i try to export a video it says

⚠The volume 'C:/' is read only.

⚠Please Check the drive/volume and try again.

what does this mean and how do i fix it

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,154 Expert

@1830hacka It sounds like a Windows process may have locked your C: drive so that it cannot be written to which is very strange to me. Do you only have the one hard drive installed in your system? If you do have another try switching your export location in the Export queue and see if it will work. Also, depending on how familiar you are with Windows, you could try using File Explorer to look at the Properties of your C: drive by right clicking on it in File Explorer then choosing Properties. This brings up a dialog box and there should some checkboxes at the bottom. If read only is checked try unchecking it and hit OK then see if you can write to C: Sorry, that's really all I can think of to try. Hope it helps...and if you do not feel comfortable using File Explorer, please don't then. I would hate to give you advice that caused you more issues.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,554 Ambassador

@1830hacka First of all I would create a new handle unless this was a wink as to your true intentions. :)

That said, what you are describing is near impossible if you are the owner of your machine. I've personally never seen what you describe unless you have completely borked your system with malware.

Please run a virus scan. This is not an HF issue it is an OS issue.

• 1830hacka
    1830hacka Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

@tddavis i fixed it it was just my antivirus blocking it oops

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,154 Expert

@1830hacka Thank you for letting me know. That's good to file away for future use.