[ENHANCEMENT] - Move "Anchor Point" Without Moving "Object"

bhagath_n_marshal
bhagath_n_marshal Website User Posts: 4 Enthusiast
edited September 2020 in HitFilm

Move Anchor Point Without Moving Object Like AE.

• Example No:- 01. ( Gif )

• Example No:- 02.
  • Example No:- 03.

Comments

• tomkane18
    tomkane18 Website User Posts: 33 Enthusiast

Presets would be nice too.

Center, bottom left, top right, etc.

• bhagath_n_marshal

Thanks For Ur Support 😀@tomkane18.

If Hitfilm Archives Fast RamPreview; Rotobrush; Anchor Point Tool And Paint Tool. Its Became My Most Primary Motion Graphics And Visual Effects Toolkit. Than I Can Press Uninstall Button For AE.

• Palacono
    Palacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,422 Enthusiast
    edited September 2020

Definitely upvoting that one. It's been a frustrating omission for years that you can't change the Anchor Point of anything without manually sliding things about "by eye", or cut'n'pasting values and/or using a calculator to work out the new ones.

The weird thing is, it IS supported for Mask shapes here: https://fxhome.com/reference-manuals/hitfilm-express

In the section 'Creating Masks' it describes how:

Transforming the Shape

Using the Select tool in the Viewer you can transform the mask shape in the same way you would the layer itself. The currently selected mask on the timeline or in the Controls panel will also be selected in the Viewer, with a bounding box around the shape. This can be used to scale and position the shape without changing the shape.Click within the mask and drag to reposition it. Hold SHIFT and drag to reposition the anchor point from the center of the layer.

As you click and drag the marker, the Anchor and Position values auto update, and yet: I've never wanted to do that for mask shapes, only everything else. 🤔

• bhagath_n_marshal
    edited May 18
  • bhagath_n_marshal

Thanks For Ur Support 😀 @Palacono ... And @tomkane18 😎

• three
    three Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

Oh wow... how is this still not a feature? It's so basic. And it can't be hard to implement, surely?