Hitfilm express keeps crashing when I'm video editing. Please help me.

edwardtayedwardtay Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi. I'm new to hitfilm express.

Whenever I use hitfilm express, it would always crash when I'm in the middle of video editing. My specs meet the requirements of hitfilm. I'm using hitfilm express 15.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 1.80 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX130

RAM: 8 GB

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,184 Moderator

@edwardtay The initial release of 15 had an issue with some Nvidia cards and a patch was issued 15.1 to address it. the recommended temporary fix before the patch involved unchecking the hardware decoding under the Render setting in Options. If you haven't downloaded the patch it might fix your issue if it is related to that bug. If you already have 15.1 then it might be advantageous to open a support ticket directly.

15.1 Patch link: https://fxhome.com/software-install/hitfilm-express/2020-08-20

Support link for future reference: https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

I hope one of these options get you going.

• lozombielozombie Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

@tddavis Hi, I'm experiencing the same thing unfortunately. It's crashed 4 times in the last 2 hours. I have to remember to save after every change or I'm toast. I've got a radeon card though. Is anyone else having this issue? Also, I'm changing back to mac next week. I hope they're a better option. I like hitfilm but this version seems like it's super unstable (at least on my computer). Cheers.

• lozombielozombie Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

@tddavis ok it just started crashing every time I open it now, practically straight away 😬 Not sure what happened I downloaded it recently. Started using it yesterday for a few hours. I think it crashed once but gave me the option of restoring the file that was open when it went down, and asked me if I wanted to send a log to you guys. None of those options have been available today.

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,184 Moderator

@lozombie Wow. I think it would best at this point to use the support link above (if you haven't) and get the technical people looking into your issues. They are the ones who receive the crash logs if you choose to send them in. I am out of my league here.