Importing image sequence in Hitfilm 4 Pro and Hitfilm Express 15

mkkvideomkkvideo Website User Posts: 10 Just Starting Out

Hi, i made an png imagesequence out of cinema 4d and want to import that in hitfilm. I own hitfilm 4 pro and since 3 weeks hitfilm express 15. Express dont have all the available plugins, therefor i want to work with hitfilm 4 pro. If i try to import the png sequence in hitfilm 4 pro it shows an exclamation mark and the footage is just black in timeline. In hitfilm express 15 i have no problems importing the png image sequence. Can anyone tell me, why hitfilm 4 pro cant import that sequence? I have to tell, as long as the sequence was only 80frames long (or something like that) import worked in 4Pro, but now sequence is 200frames long, it is not working anymore.

Sorry for my poor english.

Comments

• AphAph Website User Posts: 23 Just Starting Out

I have no answer for you, but I thought I would just mention that importing a png sequence of 398 images into my Hitfilm 4 pro does work.

The sequence was generated by Vegas 12 pro.

I am on Windows 10 Home.

For those scratching their heads... yes, Hitfilm 4 and Vegas 12 still work for me. 😉

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

@mkkvideo What do your filenames look like? Could you take a screenshot of part of the file sequence and insert that image into a reply here? Something tells me the naming system you used for your files isn't being read correctly by HitFilm.

• mkkvideomkkvideo Website User Posts: 10 Just Starting Out

Seems like a bug in Hitfilm 4 Pro. When i make a new project and try to import the image sequence. When i choose the folder containing the image sequence it wont work, when i doubleclick the folder it works correctly, but only 1 time. After undoing this step and try importing the sequence again it wont work anymore. Maybe it has problems because numbers starting with 20 ?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

Interesting. I suppose it's possible that the first image being #20 could cause a problem. I know there are tools out there that can renumber a sequence, so you might try searching for that to see if it helps. (I've not used such tools myself, so I can't offer any specific suggestions.)

Forgive me if you've mentioned this elsewhere, but is there a reason you haven't upgraded to the latest version of HitFilm Pro? If Express 15 runs on your machine, I'm guessing it's not hardware-related.