Text Issue

JPMassJPMass Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out

When I type text (title), some characters don't appear.

For example, whatever I try, the letters i and o , j, k l won't be typed. All the others are fine.

never had this problem with Adobe Premiere.

Can Anybody explain what's wrong? Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,036 Ambassador

Make sure that the focus is actually in the Viewer panel when typing text for titles. Otherwise HitFilm will interpret certain keys as hotkeys for other panels in the UI. That said, I've had occasional issues where I'm confident that focus is in the Viewer, yet it still wigs out. I haven't had it happen in a while, though, so perhaps they fixed that issue.

• JPMassJPMass Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out

Thanks for your reply. Actually I had checked the focus several times and it was in the viewer panel. I did not have this issue for a few weeks and it's back. Seems to come randomly. Don't know. But that is really a pain in the neck because I have to use Premiere Pro for titles, which is a loss of time.

I will bring it to support. This may be a bug.

• JPMassJPMass Website User Posts: 9 Just Starting Out

And another hint I found out yesterday evening. It seems that this issue happens in compositing mode and not editing.

I did not test it thoroughly to be 100% sure, but I suspect it is something I want to explore further.