[FEATURE] Import Multiple Audio Tracks and correctly split them into Audio Tracks on Timeline

RNade_
RNade_ Posts: 13 Enthusiast
edited August 28 in HitFilm

Now when you import a video that has multiple audio tracks it will load only the first one and then you can choose the others, but on the editor will be only the one you choose. I really NEED the possibility to import a video file and to have all his audio tracks on the editor like on Premiere, Vegas, Davinci etc etc

Comments

• Potter_Productions
    Potter_Productions Posts: 25 Enthusiast

yes i agree with this

• DarkBladeSpy
    DarkBladeSpy Posts: 0 Just Starting Out*

Hi, Part of my workflow involves recording footage with multiple tracks of audio embedded into a single mp4 file, which makes it easy for me to make dialog sound more concise along with generally making the audio well-calibrated. A few examples of programs that already do this are Premiere Pro CC 2021 (pictured below), and Davinci Resolve 16.

How Hitfilm currently Handles Multi-track audio is that it will only allow you to select 1 audio track to use for the video for the entire project, and duplicating the video to get the separate tracks is very tedious and time-consuming to edit with. I absolutely love the way Hitfilm does VFX and compositing and I would very likely use it a whole lot more if this feature would be implemented, Thanks!

• Darkhands
    Darkhands Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
    edited August 25

I'm currently doing recurring work for a music livestream, editing weekly performances down for Youtube. The stream uses 6 audio tracks for different mics, instruments, etc, and each week I'm provided multiple .mp4 files, each with 6 embedded audio tracks that I need to adjust levels in, add effects, mute certain tracks for certain segments, etc.

To access all 6 tracks, my current Hitfilm workflow requires me to drag each clip to the timeline 6 times, enable a different audio track for each one, unlink every track from it's video, and delete 5 of the 6 video lanes. The time involved is not insignificant.

Would it be possible to have the option to automatically place every audio track that exists in a clip into its own lane when dragging it onto the timeline? Using my example, dragging my 6-track file/clip onto the timeline would automatically result in one video lane, and 6 audio lanes.

Thanks in advance!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador

@DarkBladeSpy @Darkhands

Both of your threads have been merged with this earlier one making the same request. We try to keep a single thread per feature request to keep all the votes together.

Please "Vote Up" at the top of this thread.

• fxhomer173436
    fxhomer173436 Posts: 31 Just Starting Out*

I do need this! It's a must have for me in my opinion.