Import image sequence in HF 15.1

Pierre101Pierre101 Website User Posts: 19 Just Starting Out

First, apologies for not using this forum before posting a query to the technical section.

I am trying i to import 750 PNG images, numbered correctly and in sequence from 000 to 750.

The software "ignores"the file name but opens the file to show the individual images within the file.

Can't seem to get around it. I read somewhere that the first image in the file needs to be clicked in Ver 15, but it then only imports that image.

Suggestions, please?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

Are you using the base Import button, which imports a single frame, or are you clicking the triangle next to the button then selecting "Import Image Sequence" from the flyout menu?

No need to apologize for your first post being a question! We're here to help. My first ever post was also a support question. That's common. 😊

• Pierre101Pierre101 Website User Posts: 19 Just Starting Out

Thanks,

I used the Import Image Sequence button option via the triangle

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,295 Ambassador

@Pierre101 Can you do me a favor and try something? Select the "PNG SEQ" Folder, hit CTRL-C (to copy it) and then CTRL-V (to paste it) making an exact copy of the folder called "PNG SEQ - Copy." In the "PNG SEQ - Copy" folder, hit CTRL-A (to select all the images), then hit F2 (to rename). Pick any name (i.e. "Image"). This will rename every image as Image (1).png, Image (2).png, Image (3).png, etc.... Then in HitFilm, import that image sequence (via the triangle), selecting Image (1).png. See if that works. It is possible that one of your images is missing and therefore the number sequence has a gap in it. Going through this exercise would remove any gaps in the number sequence.

That worked thanks very much FilmSensei!!

Much appreciated!

Actually I feel like a fool, sir. When I first did this, the file name in the Media Window read "Image 000" after importing, and I assumed that it only imported the very first PNG image. In fact the name " Image 000"represented the whole sequence i n the file.

I just tried it again with the original file and it worked.

Anyway without your advice , I would not have discovered this.☺️

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,295 Ambassador

@Pierre101 Awesome! I am glad that you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project!

• arghjarghj Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I'm having this exact problem but this solution did not help. Anything I can do? Is there anyway to group the images in a sequence after they have been imported?

@arghj When you attempt to import the image sequence, what is the problem? Does it only bring in the images individually, or does it not bring in anything at all?

• arghjarghj Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

It brings up all the images individually. I do not have the option of importing the whole folder with the image sequence