[FEATURE] painting function

smjsj1
smjsj1 Posts: 8 Just Starting Out
edited August 2020 in HitFilm

I need a painting function that can create blotter media that was popular a while ago.

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,152 Ambassador
    edited August 2020

Hi

I checked it how AE does this and sure it has a brush feature, however the technique to create the blotter effect is almost identical in Hitfilm. It is basically a lot of layers with masks that are your blot. You should be able to use the many many types to get the desired paint. Then it is just a matter of applying effect to the masks to make them look cool. This is a slow old process, but does look cool.

I think the feature/tool is already in Hitfilm right now. Could it be made simpler sure.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,298 Moderator
    edited August 2020

I absolutely agree that a brush tool would be an amazing addition!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador

@triforcefx HAH! I'd literally just grabbed Javert's thread to link here. I'm about to his smjsj1's other thread....

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,298 Moderator

I saw that the titles were changed just moments after I posted... was that you? In any case, I deleted the mod part of my post because it was kinda no longer relevant... still getting the hang of this!

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador

@triforcefx yeah, that was me. In smjs1s's other thread I went ahead and linked to Javert's thread on Feature Requests.

It's ok. It's not the first time you'll be doing the mod thing at the same time as someone else is doing the mod thing. Might even be Staff doing the mod thing. It's always amusing. Just means we're on top of things, right? :)