Serial Code Problem (Hitfilm 3 Express)

moorice2004
moorice2004 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi there,

I am new here and my english is not that good.

So I heard that I need a serial code to activate my program, but i can't find it.

When i go to Account there is no serial code, altough i downloaded Hitfilm 3 Express and made a account.

It constantly shows up and i want to export my film.

Can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• NickDevTeam
    NickDevTeam Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 51 Staff
    edited August 2020

Hi @moorice2004

The latest version of HitFilm Express can be obtained here:

"HitFilm 3 Express" is a much older version and we no longer distribute serial codes for it.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,183 Moderator

@moorice2004 Welcome to the community!

One of the nice things about HitFilm is that you can open all your older HitFilm projects within the latest version of HitFilm (This isn’t always the case when it comes to video editors). This means that when you get up and running with the current version (it’s HitFilm 15.1 now!) you’ll be able to load up your project and export it right there without having to start from scratch!

I am curious... how did you find HitFilm 3 Express? Usually the older versions are a bit harder to find!

• moorice2004
    moorice2004 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

hi @triforcefx

thank you for your answer!

i downloaded hitfilm express and loaded my project in it, but some composit shots are not correct (for example: in one shot i added subtitles, but the subtitles have a small delay now).

it occurs several times and sometimes its hard to fix.

Do you know what is going on?

(btw i found hitfilm 3 express on this website: https://fxhome.com/software-install/hitfilm-3-express)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,801 Moderator
    edited August 2020

@moorice2004 Yes, those files are there in case someone who previously had a license should need, for whatever reason, to downgrade there installation. As to your issue with importing old files, I have no idea why they wouldn't be upward compatible but hopefully one the technical minded will.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

While most features should carry through the various versions, I'm not surprised that there are more issues when migrating a project from v3 to the latest version (v15).

I think the main question re: how you found HitFilm 3 is where specifically you found the link to v3 on the FXhome website? Did you follow a link from a search engine? If you're just browsing, you should hit the most recent version right away, not a much older one like v3.

• sacredkiller
    sacredkiller Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi there,

I am new here and my english is not that good.

So I heard that I need a serial code to activate my program, but i can't find it.

When i go to Account there is no serial code, altough i downloaded Hitfilm Express and made a account.

It constantly shows up and i want to export my film.

• tddavis

@sacredkiller You shouldn't need to input the serial code manually when activating. HItfilm downloads are keyed to an email account you use when you download and that creates an account and when you install the program at the start it up it will ask you to sign in to your account. You must use the same email account to properly activate the program, but then you should see your serial code in the account settings. Now, sometimes after activating you have to restart the program and/or the computer to get it to register completion of the activation. So, hopefully checking your log in email will help you out.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,581 Ambassador

@sacredkiller your post is a word-for-word copy of the first post in this thread. At least one Moderator thinks you're a bot. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to directly respond to this post.

• tddavis

@Triem23 Damn! Bamboozled again!! It wasnt quite a year old since last post and my wonky spidey sense (or Peter tingles as Aunt May called it in the last Spiderman movie 🤣) tingled a little but I sure never thought to scroll up to the first post.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

@tddavis Echo posts (my term) are one of the first things I look for whenever something feels off (especially if it's a user's very first post ever, as in this case). It's the sign of a cheap bot to just look elsewhere in the thread and copy part or all of an earlier message.