Introduce Yourself!

philipwesson
philipwesson StaffAdministrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 325 Staff
edited September 2020 in General

Here at FXhome, we know that users come from a variety of backgrounds! As such, we'd love you to introduce yourself to your fellow filmmakers, videographers, VFX Artists, photographers, and motion graphics artists.

Tell us a little bit about yourself! Cheat sheet to intros include:

• Where you're from
  • What got you into filmmaking/photography
  • Who your favorite creator is
  • What your favorite movie/TV series is
  • What you're working on next!

Comments

• philipwesson
    philipwesson Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 325 Staff
  • georgefilmltd
    georgefilmltd Website User Posts: 462 Enthusiast

Welcome to the community @usafdummy!😁

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,879 Moderator

@usafdummy I just finished painting a wall in my garage for green screen... Living my dream right there! I want to own again instead of rent just so I can paint an entire garage Kelly Green from Wal-Mart like that. 🤑👍️

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,220 Moderator

Recent work: *casually name drops some of the biggest films of the last few years*

I’m curious, do you still use tools like HitFilm in your work for certain things?

• IamJoshuaDavies
    IamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 360 Staff
    edited August 2020

So nice to be reading all these intros! We might be from all over the world, but it is lovely to see that that are so many shared interests and passions! Plus it is always great to see the elusive @HybridHalo - feels like the old days. Hope to see you next year buddy.

• alaska_vfx_filmer
    alaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 513 Enthusiast

I've been active on the forums for three years, and I knew practically nothing abut prominent users, this thread was a really neat idea👍

• DreamArchitect
    DreamArchitect Website User Posts: 595 Enthusiast
    edited August 2020

Wow @HybridHalo. What a blast from the past. Great that you could pop in and say hi. Fantastic to see that you made a top career out of this work. I know there are a number of pros on here but that's a hell of a list to name drop 🙂

• TimLan635
    TimLan635 Website User Posts: 48 Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Tim. I'm a boring 60-year-old from southwest Ohio in the USA. I hardly ever find time to watch movies, but spend hours on YouTube. I liked the LOTR and Star Wars movies, Harry Potter, whatever my kids were into. Crazy Stupid Love was a super cheap DVD that I really enjoyed. I liked Viggo Mortensen in Green Book.

I do some basic editing in Vegas (school plays, vacation and family videos). I've never even used HitFilm, but have been following this website almost daily for many, many years. Back in the days of Wasser, the Adams brothers, Redhawksrymmer(?), etc.

I see mentions here of Corridor Digital being inspirational. I imagine that many members here might not be aware that Sam and Niko really started out here in the FxHome community, well before they became famous for Corridor Digital.

@IamJoshuaDavies (or anyone else) -- Do you recall the name Sam and Niko posted under here at FxHome? It might be fun to locate some of their old posts and video submissions.

• Vlad_Zanbarbone
    Vlad_Zanbarbone Website User Posts: 68 Enthusiast
    edited August 2020

Hello!

My name is Laurent, I am 46 years old and I live in France. I also grew up in FrenchGuyana as well as in Guadeloupe.

I am a driving teacher, and I am passionate about computers, movies (especially science fiction / fantasy / action), travel, and many other things!

I have a youtube channel , "lolo le mono", which I created for my students. Of course I now use Hitfilm to create the videos;)

Regarding my favorite movie creators, I will quote Georges Lucas, Spielberg, David Fincher, Robert Zemeckis, James Cameron ...

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,188 Ambassador
  • IamJoshuaDavies
    IamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 360 Staff
    edited September 2020

@TimLan635 They were mechaforce and sidewinder back in the day - they still use those handles in a couple of places too. I'm still in touch with a few of those guys, including the Adams brothers and Nils. :)