[FEATURE] Markers on the Editor timeline

JavertValbarrJavertValbarr StaffAdministrator, Website User Posts: 297 Staff
edited August 26 in HitFilm

The ability to press a keyboard shortcut (even while playback is running) and have HitFilm put down a marker at that point in time.

Markers can be extended to cover a time range, have notes/titles for easy readability, and can change color.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador
  • Potter_ProductionsPotter_Productions Website User Posts: 25 Enthusiast

defo, would save those small stops in playback when u accidently clicked something or when u just want to look at something else

• RNade_RNade_ Website User Posts: 13 Just Starting Out

And most important: if you put a marker on a clip and then you need to create a composite from that clip that marker has to be importend in the new composition to help you out with editing. I love to use markers to just point where the effect has to start/end and it will be impossible to do it if the marker stay only in the editor timeline.

• lyme74lyme74 Website User Posts: 7 Just Starting Out

Is it possible to create a mark on the timeline?

I know that label can be added to tracks with colours

But what I mean is adding a precise mark on timeline

So that I may create marks on first time I watch the whole clip

Then on the second time, I may refer to the mark description and click to direct there and edit from there

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

@lyme74 I've merged your thread with this older one with the same feature request.

Please make certain to check the Feature Request forum before posting to avoid duplicates.

In the meantime, make certain to click "Vote Up" under Javert's post at the top of the thread. 😊

• Fatal_FunkFatal_Funk Website User Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

I have made my vote in the forums for this feature, This is the diagram I sent FX Home, fingers crossed.

• datoaliffalexdatoaliffalex Website User Posts: 17 Just Starting Out

I'm using VEGAS POST Suite software, so VEGAS Effects is technically the same software with Hitfilm Pro.

Can we have simple "marker" features in the compositing timeline? I used it alot when editing with VEGAS Pro NLE, would be nice to have small marker inside VEGAS Effects/Hitfilm as guidance/indication inside the timelime.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,297 Ambassador

@datoaliffalex I merged your request into the same feature request by Javert from August 25. Go to the top and upvote his request along with the rest of our upvotes. Thanks for you contribution. Hopefully, we can get the attention of the developers!