Trying to create a 2 sided 3d object

MaritimeMaritime Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Im not referring to an object like a cube but more of 3d object that is like paper. I'm trying to keyframe the object to spin but make the other side different from what the side you normally see instead of having it mirrored. If there is a way to do this I would like to know.

Best Answer

Answers

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

Bring in an image what what you want the paper to look like into one layer - crop/size to taste.  Bring in the "backside" image as another layer - use the same crop/size settings.  Create a point layer and make it and the image layers 3D.  Parent the image layers to the point and then rotate the point.  You might have to re-arrange the image layers so that what you consider the top layer to be over the backside layer in the layer stack.

• MaritimeMaritime Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

Ah thank you I figured it now.

• MaritimeMaritime Website User Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

I just forgot to include the point layer allowing me to control both images.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,029 Ambassador

@Maritime When you have a moment, would you please click "Yes" (in the "Does this answer the question?" line) on the comment that best answers your original question? This helps anyone else who may be searching the forum with a similar question. Thanks!