Basic Tutorial

TonyCarretti
TonyCarretti Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out

I bought the app and am able to get it working as far as tracking and exporting the data.  I must be an idiot though, because for the life of me, once I get it into Hitfilm I have no idea how to use "attach" something using the data.  Would it be possible to do a short, concise beginner video that shows the process from capture to using the actual data?  I know I should be able to figure it out, but it's just not happening for me.

Thanks,

Tony

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador

All you need to do is "Parent" the element to wish to add to an imported control point - zero out the position/rotation data in the element properties then reposition the element. 

You won't find a tutorial yet specific to CameraTrackAR, but any generic animation tutorial will do. 

This one discusses parenting at about 27:30. Rest of this particular tutorial is animation rigging and points in general. 

• TonyCarretti

Thanks!  I appreciate the help.  I'll give it a try this afternoon and see what happens.  

• feyiadebanjo
    feyiadebanjo Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 30 Staff

TonyCarretti, did Triem's advice work for you?

• TonyCarretti

Honestly, this week has been so busy that I haven’t even been able to try it out. But this weekend for sure! Thank you for following up though, I really appreciate it!