Can someone please render this for me? I might get a c- in social studies.

CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
edited June 2014 in General
Hello, I have a project due tomorrow that is quite extensive. It uses lots of composites and effects like chroma key, sci fi shockwave, and compositing, and light wrap. Needless to say the render is taking forever on my old macbook. And at this point I won't be able to turn it in on time meaning I get a 0 and grades are due basically tomorrow.
Could someone please please help me? I would put all the used media files into a folder and the project file then upload it to box. Then you could download it render it, the upload it as a private youtube video or to box.
If you did this I would be eternally grateful!

Comments

• CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    edited June 2014
    The resources requires are only about 12 gb of disk space
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,270 Ambassador
    I'm gonna have to decline, mostly because where I am tonight has terrible internet speed (right now I've been waiting over a half hour for a 1.5 MB file to upload!), but make sure you've already uploaded your resources, in case you get lucky.
    Also, what time zone are you in and what's your deadline time? People need to know how much time they have.
    You're also frantically rendering anyway--right? ;-)
    Yah one mac is rendering and a windows computer is uploading. My deadline is 6am pst
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,270 Ambassador
    edited June 2014
    So that's 10 hours from the time of THIS post.... Or, 2pm, "forum time."
    Yah the estimated time to render is within that, however my computer usually corrupts it. Usually their is 10 seconds of video and then the rest is black. I have submitted multiple tickets with no help. Sometimes I get lucky though
    I think that is 2pm in the UK
    Unfortunately my upload estimate goes way beyond 10 hours. Stupid isp's think they can cut on upload speed to save money. Btw century link is the worst mainstream ISP.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    You're exporting to an image sequence, right, to get round any power cut issues?
    This is why you need to build render time into your project scheduling. With feature films they basically have to lock down shots months out from the movie's release, simply so that they can render stuff in time. That was particularly the case in the early days of CG when render times were much slower.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    My computer takes a while even for the simple composites or I'd offer. Apparently a lot of us need more power!
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    Wish I could help, but with my internet speed, I wouldn't even have it downloaded in time :(
    Well, since we need some power I did some searching and came across a site! And their offering a special offer of free ram! They can give you up to 4gb of ram!
    Just download it at this site
    http://www.downloadmoreram.com
    My computer takes a while even for the simple composites or I'd offer. Apparently a lot of us need more power!

Hey any chance you could get me that frame? It didn't show up inside my pm box.

edited June 2014
    Well, since we need some power I did some searching and came across a site! And their offering a special offer of free ram! They can give you up to 4gb of ram! Just download it at this site http://www.downloadmoreram.com

Looking at this it looks more like a limited-purpose cloud server. it's not functioning as RAM so much as cloud storage for iProduct (because Apple decided that no iProduct owner would like to use convenient SD cards to expand device memory) I don't think it would help your renders, since it's still having to upload data to and from it's cloud storage. You'd get a network bottleneck. Also, it's listing itself as emulating 800MHZ DDR2 RAM. My laptop is running 1666MHZ DDR 4, so, for my machine that would be slower RAM!
    But, try it. I can totally be wrong!