export camera track to 3ds Max

punchymcpuncherton
punchymcpuncherton Website User Posts: 3

do u guys know an easy way to export the camera track to 3ds Max?

a conversion script or maybe any other idea. Don't  have AEX otherwise would convert from there.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador
    edited August 2020

Not from Hitfilm. Foundry and Mocha are Hitfilm's camera solvers. Both are third party tech, and both vendors offer other (more expensive) software. I can pretty much guarantee a licensing condition is Hitfilm can't export camera data. Mocha isn't going to eat into sales of $600 Mocha Pro by allowing $50 Mocha Hitfilm to export camera data from Hitfilm. 

Blender is free, does camera solves and can export cam data 3DS Max can read. 

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,731 Staff

@Triem23 your answer sounds like you may have misread the category of this post.

@punchymcpuncherton unfortunately we only officially support HF, Blender and AE export currently, but I believe more outputs are something that will come in future updates.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris I totally misread the category and apologize to @punchymcpuncherton for any confusion.

We have, in the past had questions about exporting Hitfilm cameras to other programs, and I'm not used to the new, sexy product.. 

But, Camtrack AR does export to Blender and Blender can wash the data for 3DS Max, so I accidentally gave some good advice after my lil rant. ?

• punchymcpuncherton
    punchymcpuncherton Website User Posts: 3

ok, thank you for the info.

Tried AE to 3ds max via the AEto3D plugin, but ran into some errors on the max import side.

Found changing the name of the camera in AE solved this.

got my Camera and track in Max,

cheers