When using the strech tool and hitting play soon afterwards causes Hitfilm to crash

jforjonasjforjonas Website User Posts: 14 Just Starting Out

I was trying to find the ideal amount of stretch on a clip in my project (which only consisted of 3 clips and a total of around 30 seconds) and hitting playback to see in the viewer it has caused my project to crash three times in a row now.  All I do is change the rate to 250% speed or so and the software stops responding every time. I already feel like I have to save after every single action I make and take it super slow when using the program to avoid this wasting time spent on editing.

Is this to be expected, or can I do something to ensure this stops happening?

ASUS ROG GL552VW

Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel i7-6700 HQ

Comments

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,566 Staff

@jforjonas this doesn't sound right, and I haven't encountered this problem myself. What is the source of the footage, as perhaps this is the source of the problem?

• jforjonasjforjonas Website User Posts: 14 Just Starting Out

TheBenNorris 

Normal HD Elgato capture card export, mp4, 1920x1080, 60fps, 216kbps stereo audio in 48kHz. Happens everytime the playhead goes over the clip so I just set it to 200% speed instead so the project could be stable.

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,566 Staff

@jforjonas could you perhaps use MediaInfo to get a text breakdown for the footage? I have a feeling it's going to be variable frame rate, which will cause performance and playback issues.