Avengers 2 filming in Norwich! Which is weird

SimonKJonesSimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
Turns out Avengers 2 is filming in Norwich, where FXHOME's offices are based.
So just down the road from us they've kitted out an arts building with a big Avengers logo:
https://twitter.com/enjoynorwich/status/477340016839262208/photo/1
https://twitter.com/enjoynorwich/status/477340016839262208/photo/1
Looks like the new Avengers HQ is based in Norwich! Although I imagine they'll be using the location to depict a secret base in NEW YORK or some such. Although if the script actually specifies Norwich that'd be hilarious.
Maybe I should head down and give Joss Whedon a copy of HitFilm?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,282 Ambassador
    Sure. Download FXhome's Iron Man demo to a tablet to show him!
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Funny, true story: at the IBC show a couple of years back, the Iron Man tutorial was part of a looping reel we had on our stand. A show attendee came up and asked us how we got permission to use the Iron Man footage. I politely explained that we'd made the shot ourselves.
    His next question? "Oh! Very impressive. What was it like working with Robert Downey Jr?"
    I mean, I took it as an accidental compliment, but there are a fair few differences between the original and our recreation for the tutorial. :P
  • spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,828 Ambassador
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    Simon- "Although I imagine they'll be using the location to depict a secret base in NEW YORK or some such."
    You're probably right. In "Bird on a Wire" with Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson, Gibson's character asks Goldie's if she can get him to Racine, Wisconsin. Well I was surprised to hear my city even being mentioned in a movie....but that's all it was. Next thing you know there's a chase through Racine's Chinatown that was kind of exciting.....IF we had a Chinatown.
    Are you going to casually observe the Avengers in action or maybe try out for a role or maybe an extra?
  • SpectralisSpectralis Website User Posts: 12
    Ever since Alan Partridge put Norwich on the map Hollywood has been gravitating closer...now Norwich is reaping the harvest.
  • KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff
    edited June 2014
    Oh my God is that at the Arts building at UEA? I almost got a job in that office!
    Darnit I could have had Robert Downey Jnr as my view for a few days :)

Are you going to casually observe the Avengers in action or maybe try out for a role or maybe an extra?

We heard about it too late. The office was in mourning period for a few hours after we realised that we'd missed the extras auditions :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,282 Ambassador
    I quaff this orange juice in sympathy for your collective pain.
    It should be noted that American press refers to these past weeks as "Avengers Filming in London!"
    American press cares more for audience numbers than accuracy.
    Of course, you have "The Sun," and "Daily Mail." ;-)
  • CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    Just curious, when i watched the special features of the avengers.  About.... 70% of the explosions were real and not post production...  So on that day was Norwitch (pardon speeeling) getting blown up? how many days were they their?
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    It was a single day of shooting, and nothing got blown up. :)