Doctor Who Control Room

guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
 This late summer I'm going to work on building a doctor who control room man cave out by the house here.  It's going to look a lot like the 11th doctor (Matt Smith) control room, but thought I would get some ideas from people.  I'm looking at 6 to 9 months to get it done, with work and etc.  Let me know if you got any ideas.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,270 Ambassador
    Which Matt Smith control room? The ugly one (series 5-7.0) or the cool one (series 7.5) ? ;-)
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,270 Ambassador
    Sorry. That was snotty. If you're doing your own design, I would say look at every TARDIS control room varient, including The Master's and Rani's. Basically, the hexagonal control console and wall roundels are the common "required" elements. Otherwise, you have a lot of leeway to make it your own.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    Sounds like it will be a fun place to hang out! Hope you post some pics when you get it done.
    I don't have any ideas, sorry. Construction is not my strong suit.
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    edited June 2014
    The control room, lets say I like the way the control room look jus this last season.   The control room with the 10th doctor was ugly..

Sorry. That was snotty. If you're doing your own design, I would say look at every TARDIS control room varient, including The Master's and Rani's. Basically, the hexagonal control console and wall roundels are the common "required" elements. Otherwise, you have a lot of leeway to make it your own.

Building is not my strong point either, but I know people that are willing to help.  I work 4 days out of the week and this is a project that will take around 7 to 11 months to complete......  It is really Hot in Arkansas where I live, but I will keep this post informed and pictures.  I can tell you I'm going with a 12 sided room....