Copy/Apply same transition to multiple clips

edcopeedcope Website User Posts: 1

I have a project with many short clips. I have a transition that I have modified between the first and second clip and now I want to apply that same transition between all the other clips.

As far as I can tell there is no way to copy and paste a transition (you can other effects but not transitions). You can drag transitions but there seems to be no hotkey such as control to then copy it, the only thing you can do is move it. This means I am stuck going back to effects and selecting the same transition and then modifying it and doing it over and over for every clip. This is very time consuming. Copying transitions seems like such a basic task that I must be missing something. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

You're not missing anything. In its current form, HitFilm doesn't have a feature for copying transitions. I agree that it would be really handy in certain situations. It's probably already been requested before, but it couldn't hurt to ask for it again on the wishlist thread.