Commercial done entirely in HitFilm and shot on iPhone

vanya_kvanya_k Website User Posts: 141 Just Starting Out
edited July 5 in Show off

I created this for a product called "Shroomies," gummies with a "kick." ?

It's created entirely in  HitFilm and Filmstro for score. Shot on a front camera of an iPhone. Just waned to share this with you artists here. I have a licence for the song in the middle that is a spin  off of a Star Wars theme so that's all kosher :)

Hope you guys like my little skit. 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador

Hmmmm. 

We have a fair amount of kids/teens here, so I've lightly edited your initial comment, just a tad. 

Otherwise... Well, having been there (without the candy) you got the facial expressions down. 

I'm in California, so that product wouldn't be available here, but the California alternative? Been there, too, and I've had those nights where I got distracted and didn't finish the project - or spent the next day cleaning up what seemed great at the time the prior night... 

Guess I'm saying the concept fits the product, and the execution was superb. I think the scale of the X-wing cockpit is way too big for you, but I also think you did that on purpose. I loved it. 

• vanya_kvanya_k Website User Posts: 141 Just Starting Out
    edited July 6

@Triem23 Always great to hear from the masters, especially if patted on the shoulder. 

I live in  Los Angeles, the company is @goshroomy on Instagram. I believe as a smaller brand they are still mostly acquired by online purchases but I don't know all about it as I got my shipment when I started doing the commercial. It's sold as a supplement for "focus, energy and immunity".

That X-wing was actually a still image. That whole cockpit scene was a chopped up, 3 D layered still image that I got parallax effect going on with. Your analogy of my thinking is spot on. I really didn't bother with realism in this one based on the wacky concept itself. I didn't research inside of the X-Wing neither the dimensions, I just found what fit into what I envisioned and than I kitbashed it. A free 3D X-Wing model by Video Copilot, a still image of a 3D cockpit and a footage of myself on green screen taking Mandalorian cgi model off of my head, poorely hahaha.  

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,713 Ambassador

I didn't even notice the Mandalorian helmet stood out as cgi at first viewing.  The effect fits in with the cockpit scene which is contrived as well. 

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador
    edited July 6

Well dam that was a bit trippy for me..... actually there was so many well done stuff in here, your use of lighting was great, and the final scene was also nicely done. I looked up these gummies, and yep they are real.

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,823 Ambassador

That was awesome @vanya_k . :)

Are you trying to say something about the Blender cube and how it can sometimes stay still for hours, and hours and hours and hours...? :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,254 Ambassador
    edited July 6

@Spydurhank @vanya_k I didn't notice the helmet was CG until you pointed it out!

Vanya. Los Angeles? Orange County near Disney. We're semi-neighbors!

"Focus and energy?" Yeah, I suppose a product that leaves one melting into the couch for several hours, playing with glowsticks, counts as "focus" and "energy."

Still, I'm a bit surprised the product ships to the USA given the ingredients. I've edited your second comment a bit - see two paragraphs down.

@Andy001z I've edited your comment a bit. Remember, pre-teens on the forum. Let's keep discussion of the product "indirect." See next paragraph.

@OliThompson @KirstieT @JavertValbarr The product and subject matter in this thread might be outside of what FXHOME considers appropriate for this forum? I think Vanya has done incredible work here, and has shown a lot of filmmaking and VFX skill. I'd rather just trim comments for *ahem* "subtlety" as needed.  I try not to "KIUTC" (Kick it Up to Corporate) too much - twice in one weekend is unprecedented - but a final decision is, again, "out of my pay grade."

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

Ok apologies fair cop @triem23