3D Model Texture Mix Up

TheOnlyOllie1TheOnlyOllie1 Website User Posts: 24
edited June 2014 in General
Hello,
 As I am a very big whovian I was thinking about a Doctor Who fan film. Anyway, I have a Tardis 3D model (obj.) and I put in the textures and the roof is really weird. Wondering if I could have any help?  :wacko: If you need any more pictures just ask! Thanks!
Ollie :)

Comments

• TheOnlyOllie1TheOnlyOllie1 Website User Posts: 24
    Anyone? Please?  :P 
  • CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    You cant really fix that in hit film, it looks like the texture mapping went wrong.  However its a tardis! Im sure theirs millions of other models out their.
  • spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,827 Ambassador
    The normals are facing in the wrong direction. You'll need to flip them in a 3D app.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,267 Ambassador
    When you import 3D models, next to the "Matererials" Tab is the "Advanced" tab. In the Advanced tab is a box to "Flip Normals" and a drop-down menu with a couple of mapping options. Those setting might fix the issue, otherwise, Hank's right--the normals on the model are off, and if Hitfilm's built in normal-flipping and mapping options don't help, you'll have to go into a 3D program ti fix it.
    Or, here's a different Tardis model. http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-3ds-model-tardis-police-box/563196 This one doesn't have the full wood-grain texture, but I've brought it into Hitfilm with no problems.
    When you import 3D models, next to the "Matererials" Tab is the "Advanced" tab. In the Advanced tab is a box to "Flip Normals" and a drop-down menu with a couple of mapping options. Those setting might fix the issue, otherwise, Hank's right--the normals on the model are off, and if Hitfilm's built in normal-flipping and mapping options don't help, you'll have to go into a 3D program ti fix it.
    Or, here's a different Tardis model. http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-3ds-model-tardis-police-box/563196 This one doesn't have the full wood-grain texture, but I've brought it into Hitfilm with no problems.

Thanks, I have already used the normal controls in hitfilm and it didn't work so I'll use the link you have given me! Thank you! :)

Actually, there's also an issue with the one you sent me. The 'Police Public Call Box' sign at the top of the Tardis is only on 2 sides?

• CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
    Does the tardis travel again?
    Does the tardis travel again?

The normals are facing in the wrong direction. You'll need to flip them in a 3D app.

Just to let you all know, thank you very much for all your help and I would be very grateful if you could check out the finished product. It's on the movie wall and it's called, 'RUN'. Thanks :)