Telling a good story

CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
I just ran into this video.  I saw it and was not interested at all, however i had a few seconds of free time so i clicked on it.  It is a verry awesome film!
https://vimeo.com/97356262#comment
It had no, special effects, music, grading, or acting yet i was immediately drawn into his story by how he told it.  I shall come back to analyze what might have made this film sucesfull.  Check it out and let me know how you write a good story.

Comments

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff
    Very inspiring and great storytelling. A lot of the filmmaking reminded me of the kind shown by Edgar Wright - where there's a lot of movement and sounds like zippers and screeching.
    The message behind it - that giving is more important than having - is really important. Unfortunately the last bit (where he doesn't want to 'have' his motorcycle so 'gives' it to his mother) is slightly ruined by the fact he said he would sell it if he could make a profit. Surely that's selling, not giving.
    But anyway, a really lovely short and something I'll be thinking about for the rest of the day I'm sure :)