Latest on VFXLists website (A handy place to find links to VFX and Editing resources)

vfxlistsvfxlists Website User Posts: 15 Just Starting Out
edited August 26 in General

Hi Community,

The time is now, I have decided to go fully public with my VFXLists tool. It is still work in progress but it is growing.

So if you want to know more about it, check out my intro video on my channel  or go straight to https://tagpacker.com/user/VFXLists and check it out. Basiclly it is a place for links to resource, but by using the host I have the links can have meta tags meaning it makes them easy to group and search. Need some Audio software, search for that, or how about Asset resources like stock footage. Or maybe you want to browse the FREE section.

If you want to provide feedback, here or via my @VFXLists twitter handle would be great. Have a link to suggest bung it over to @VFXLists on Twitter or drop it here. 

I look forward to this becoming the resource that helps the community get down to the job and fun of creating without having to do so much searching on the web.

Happy VFXing and Editing

Andy @VFXLists

Comments

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,307 Ambassador
    edited June 15

@Andy001z Awesome! I have set up an account on Tag Packer and followed you there. Also, I am now following VFXLists on Twitter as well!

Edit: I perused through it... Man, you have really packed a lot of valuable stuff in there! :)

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,881 Ambassador
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador
  • FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,307 Ambassador

@Andy001z Can I suggest that you add @spydurhank's Filmer to the software list?

https://www.owmycgi.net/

• cluelessnubecluelessnube Website User Posts: 476 Just Starting Out

Bookmarked!  Thanks!

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,881 Ambassador

@filmsensei thanks already in the release list. I'll get it up ASAP.

Something to add to your ever growing tool kits. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,307 Ambassador

@Andy001z good find! But I'm sure you'll understand if, on social media I credit you for the tip. Waitaminute!

@triem23 your right credit to your good self. My intention with this tool/site is to be a handy storage facility for links. Ill try and be more socially crediting with future posts. Just trying to keep it as simply and quick as possible.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

Cool stuff! I've been thinking about doing some other videos talking about new tools, resources, etc. in the HitFilm/VFX community, and will probably plug this in the first one.

@Clevertagline that would be great. Makes the efforts worth while.

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,837 Ambassador

Hey thanks so much, very kind of you. @Andy001z , and thanks very much for the mention @FilmSensei . :)

I'll link to you on my site. :)

So we vfxlists gave film riot a nod 

if you don't know them, where have you been?

Film Riot is so well known, essential and useful that I'm sitting here being unreasonably happy I was added first! 

While they are legends in themselves you sir @triem23 are a legend in Hitfilm. Hence you got first place.

Need a teleprompter vfxlists has got two new links for you check them out at https://tagpacker.com/user/VFXLists

edited June 25

Want some free images check out our list latest link https://tagpacker.com/user/VFXLists

• DataDesignDataDesign Website User Posts: 440 Enthusiast

@Andy001z

I have noticed that since some of these posts include what looks like twitter posts, it seems to effect the positioning on which post you land when opening the thread. That is: you begin way back in the thread and not on the most recent post.

I don't have a real big problem with it since I can scroll down with a few rolls of the mouse wheel and the content is something I am interested in. I just thought you might want to know.

Odd, hadn't noticed that @DataDesign until just now when I loaded the forum on my laptop and bingo yep straight to the last tweet message. The whole thread might need changing, I wanted to to be a place to remind the community that my new website was up and running and ready for use. So by posting the tweets or as I am now trying an update post saying something new xxxxx is on VFXlists. 

I really want this tread to be just a leap point to the website to find the resources people might need.

• GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,368 Enthusiast

Sorry but the self promotion to your site seems a bit spammy to me. All the more reason this forum needs a signature area so folks like you can "advertise" without constantly posting links to the same site.

Morning @GrayMotion and the community,

100% agree that the forum really needs some way of having an area for stuff like what I am trying to promote. I do take issue with the word spam, my updates are targeted to a specific audience (i.e. Hitfilm community), I only push updates to my VFXLists links I think the community will have an interest in, I have not pushed every update from VFXLists onto the forum which also reduces the amount of spamming here (for the lack of a better word).

Yes I am re-posting updates to this thread for two reasons, firstly to let the community know my tool/collection of links is out there and being updated and secondly because of the way the forum works to keep it within the top two pages of the 'All Discussions' thread, not sure about others but I rarely stray onto page two of the threads.

I would like to reiterate to all, I am doing this as a community member that saw a gap that I felt could be plugged with my VFXLists site. I am earning ZERO funds from this venture. I choose TAGPACKER as a home for my links list because it didn't show adverts on the page and does not charge me or anyone else money to access it. Now this may change, and if it does rest assured I will assess and update the community.

VFXlists may not work, it might not get as utilised as I hope, but I would at least like a chance to see if it will work as a helpful, quick and easy method to find resources we all love to tinker with.

I am still learning so suggestions are always welcome.

Your fellow VFxer 

Andy https://tagpacker.com/user/VFXLists (yep I did it again.....)

• alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 450 Enthusiast
    edited June 26

Just my opinion, but I think it's a great idea, and no more spamming then any other helpful contributer like Triem, EricMates or FilmSensie posting tools like their own tutorials or music, just more community assets, also, dont forget inscapedigital, I don't really care what site it's on, as long as both site and content offers are legitimate.

Again, Just my opinion.

For the record, in the last week we had a Staff member remove a link from a thread where a user was selling merch. That's a violation of this forum's terms o' service. Linking to a list of resources is fine as long as Andy doesn't do something silly like linking to warez/crackz downloads - which he's not gonna do.

We're cool.

I can't give details, but know that tweaks to the forum are in development and intended to roll out later in the year. What those tweaks are, I don't know, but there may be a forum area semi-more-suited than here - although IMHO "Filmmaking" is the right spot.

Andy, let me know if you want to consider moving to the "Everything Else" forum. I can move the thread if you want. 

• GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,368 Enthusiast
    edited June 28

<deleted by user>