Avengers UK Initiative

DafterThings
DafterThings Posts: 983 Enthusiast

A little silly but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz1GOlc24RM

I think the 'turn to water' was good enough and went for a simple option of displacement with a stock video.
I tried it with caustics but liked the clear look a little better.

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,096 Moderator

@DafterThings The water effect definitely turned out great!  Especially liked the drumming fingers bit with a plastic formed hand ? 

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

That was loads of fun!

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,426 Ambassador

Nice.  Love the sign over the door, too!

• DafterThings

@tddavis Thanks. It was always going to be good enough BUT I would love to have morphed the image. I think it's doable. I might have even tried the 'morph' tool I have had for years. If anybody finds an easy way to do it I would be interested. 
    @filmsensei Glad you liked it. I tried some new voices and accents so hope they worked.
    @stargazer54 I try to put things like that in but often find they never get caught on camera. There is a corkboard with Dafter Things flyers on it behind 'Airman but it was never in shot in focus 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,061 Ambassador

Another winner!

Besides the excellent story gags I like the "Founded" sign and newspaper articles. 

'Air man... Groan. Hahaha! 

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,315 Ambassador

Fun stuff as always! :+1: I caught the "Dafter Things" sign on the wall, and love the "Airman" gag. :D 

• DafterThings
    edited June 2020

Thank you gents.
    It's odd. I thought it would be good to put a working clock above the door that changed in time to the video.
    I doubt anybody would have noticed and, frankly, it's not very funny. I then started worrying about having to mask around it so tried to take it off tearing the background. Having to hide the mark I considered the dedication plaque but then had to think what to write on it. After all that, it is the thing most people have commented on even after I spent hours trying to get Hydro to turn into water  
    I didn't know how much to push the  'Airman joke so, in the end, I wanted it to be a little obvious. I can't explain why Sarge didn't pick up on it though.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

The second time I watched it, I cracked up at the "Bad news for Mr. Tiddles" headline... He can blooming just stay up there! Hahaha! :)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,061 Ambassador

Well, the turn to water did look good. It's just more fun pointing out background Easter Eggs. ?

• DafterThings

There had to be a 'Cat stuck up tree' story in a local village newspaper. I'd be interested if there are similar newspapers in the US. *Very* local news so they cover ridiculously trivial items.

As for the plaque : It's a good thing. The clock would have caused some effort, wasn't very funny and would likely go unnoticed.  I just like how circumstances and a change to make things easier for myself turned out to be well received. It was a little by luck but, if it worked, who cares? :-)