Proton Stream not attaching to points

xaviorbat
xaviorbat Posts: 5

I'm following this tutorial below to make a proton stream, but it's not attaching to the points like it does in the tutorial. I just updated my drivers so I know it's not that, and my GPU is better than the minimum. Can anyone help?

How to Create a Proton Stream

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,288 Power User
    edited May 2020

Hi, I'm the guy who did that tutorial, and you haven't given me enough information to figure it out.

I will want to know your specs - CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage, please.

The proton stream is a fiddly thing - 10 points is tough to wrangle.

What is the problem. Are you having difficulty rigging the points to the lightning effect, or the points in order to each other, or something else? 

• xaviorbat

I actually JUST figured it out (Thanks for the Tutorial btw) I'm trying to follow on one screen and work in another, and you do 1 thing that you don't say out loud that I didn't realize I needed to do. When I parented the points I never 0'd them out, I didn't realize I need to do that.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,288 Power User

What did I do that I didn't say? What's the time code? Maybe I can add a pop up card or something? 

• xaviorbat

When you set the Beam Start Point (2:22) You set the point, then 0 out the start point corrdinates, but you don't SAY it but looking back it does make sense. I've just started using it and am trying to learn by copying my favorite movie effects, Ghostbusters and Star wars...Go big or go home right? lol