Blender to HitFilm: FXhome Masterclass

StevenSpicerStevenSpicer StaffAdministrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 35 Staff

For creators, going outside to film content can be crucial to the creative process. Learning new skills is a great way to continue moving forward whilst outdoor access is limited. That’s why today, we’re releasing the first three videos in a five-tutorial masterclass on 3D creation using Blender and HitFilm. This is the perfect opportunity to get started with a new and exciting skill set that will change the way you make content.

https://fxhome.com/blog/blender-to-hitfilm-fxhome-masterclass/

Comments

• tomkane18tomkane18 Website User Posts: 28 Enthusiast

As a new Blender user (started last year), I appreciate all the help I can get.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,727 Ambassador

Ditto. I've been trying to unlearn Lightwave and dive into Blender but it makes my head hurt.  This masterclass is very timely.  Thanks FXHome!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,305 Ambassador

@Stargazer54 though Blender 2.8+ might actually start to stick... The interface almost makes sense now! ?

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,187 Moderator

@Triem23 :) Just as I was about to get a handle on right click to select, they changed it and now it's a fit going back to the 'normal' left click.

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,043 Ambassador

Glad to know that they saw the left-click light, but it's still a mystery that right-clicking to select lasted as long as it did. I remember struggling to pick that up when using Blender waaaaaay back in its early days (20 years ago).

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,187 Moderator

@CleverTagline I know.  That was why I didn't pay it much nevermind when I first found around 2003 or so...I think it was. Then, like I say, after I used it for a while I started right clicking in other programs like it was meant to be that way and it was the same fit all over again trying to break that habit.  I still see a lot of menus in Blender but getting better at it.

• PhilNolanPhilNolan Website User Posts: 70

I would never switch to blender from LightWave but it's useful to know it for rare occasions when it's required.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,305 Ambassador

@PhilNolan yeah, I'd not expect you to change modeling programs, but you can see some of the similarities and differences between the two programs. The principles of modeling would be almost identical - just the controls are different. 

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,829 Ambassador

Blender = good... you + Blender = better. :)

I'd be in the dark ages if I had a bias over left or right click select. :)