QuickTime Error_41

RQKevin
RQKevin Posts: 18
Hey guys,
I downloaded and installed HitFilm 2 Express a while ago on a HDD, I recently removed my HDD and I re-installed HitFilm on an SSD. And now when I try to run HitFilm this is what I get after about 30 sec. of waiting for the program to run: http://i.imgur.com/KoJjkMn.png  All I have to do is hit Ok and everything is back to normal again, runs normal, no issues. It says in the error description that I should re-install HitFilm (or QuickTime) I did both, re booted. The error remains. 
I'm not using QuickTime files but It's incredibly annoying having to wait ~30 sec. for it to run.
Specs:
AMD FX 6300
GTX 660
8 GB 1600 MHz
Help much appreciated,
Kevin

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,517 Staff
    Hey guys,
    I downloaded and installed HitFilm 2 Express a while ago on a HDD, I recently removed my HDD and I re-installed HitFilm on an SSD. And now when I try to run HitFilm this is what I get after about 30 sec. of waiting for the program to run: http://i.imgur.com/KoJjkMn.png  All I have to do is hit Ok and everything is back to normal again, runs normal, no issues. It says in the error description that I should re-install HitFilm (or QuickTime) I did both, re booted. The error remains. 
    I'm not using QuickTime files but It's incredibly annoying having to wait ~30 sec. for it to run.
    Specs:
    AMD FX 6300
    GTX 660
    8 GB 1600 MHz
    Help much appreciated,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin,
    You mention you replaced your Hard Drive, was this a re-install of Windows or just a clone?
    When you say re-installed QuickTime, did you simply do a repair or did you actually remove it & re-install it?
    And are you installing the very latest version of QuickTime?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• RQKevin
    Hey,
    Yes sir I had it completely removed then re-installed. Unless the latest version is not displayed on the front page.
    Windows was not installed on the hard drive, but the SSD, which I'm still using. HitFilm however, was installed on the Hard Drive, so I'm guessing it has to do with that, somehow. 
    I can't take it back either, I assembled a PC for my sister for her birthday.
  • Ady
    Hey,
    Yes sir I had it completely removed then re-installed. Unless the latest version is not displayed on the front page.
    Windows was not installed on the hard drive, but the SSD, which I'm still using. HitFilm however, was installed on the Hard Drive, so I'm guessing it has to do with that, somehow. 
    I can't take it back either, I assembled a PC for my sister for her birthday.

Kevin,
    I don't think you'll need to take the drive back, it just sounds like the programs have gotten confused as I would imagine the registry is pointing towards a version on a drive that perhaps no longer exists.
    Did you remove everything from the hard drive before taking it out of the system? i.e. Did you un-install any programs located on that drive? I take it QuickTime was installed on there too?
    Does QuickTime work fine on it's own?
    Thanks,
    Ady
    It might be a good idea to remove QuickTime & HitFilm, run a registry cleaner

• RQKevin
    edited May 2014
    I did not uninstall anything from that hard drive, and I'm 100% positive that she already cleaned/formatted it already.
    I ran CCleaner did not help. I uninstalled both HitFilm and Quicktime, re-installed HitFilm, run it - tells me to download Quicktime. I proceed to download quicktime, I run HitFIlm but the error remains.
    I am almost 100% that re-installing Windows might solve it, unless there something else I can try?
  • Ady
    I did not uninstall anything from that hard drive, and I'm 100% positive that she already cleaned/formatted it already.
    I ran CCleaner did not help. I uninstalled both HitFilm and Quicktime, re-installed HitFilm, run it - tells me to download Quicktime. I proceed to download quicktime, I run HitFIlm but the error remains.
    I am almost 100% that re-installing Windows might solve it, unless there something else I can try?

So when you moved the drive you still had installed programs pointing to the drive you removed?
    I re-install of Windows would of course sort the problem, but before we do, have you had a look into your Program Files (x86) directory to see if there is anything a miss in there?
    Thanks,
    Ady