Help for Wonder Woman Spin lighting effect

faaabd
faaabd Website User Posts: 5
Hello,
sorry for my bad English.
I have been using Hitfilm Express for a short time and it offers great possibilities.
I would like to create this effect (see link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSV9N7l6Y4
If someone could help me choose the light flares, the settings would be great!
thank you in advance
Fabrice

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,795 Ambassador

Lens Flare filter. 

• faaabd

no more help ? just Lens Flare ? 

please help me to configure composing shot

• faaabd
    Hello,
    sorry for my bad English.
    I have been using Hitfilm Express for a short time and it offers great possibilities.
    I would like to create this effect (see link)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSV9N7l6Y4
    If someone could help me choose the lens flares, the settings, it would be great!
    thank you in advance
    Fabrice
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,795 Ambassador

OK, the standard Wonder Woman shot would have a locked camera on a tripod. Linda Carter would spin, they'd stop the camera, she'd change, then they'd start the camera and she'd spin some more.

If you're replicating this, then I'll assume you put your camera on a tripod and you have two shots of your actor spinning in two costumes.

• Line up the two shots in a Composite Shot.
    • Add a Grade Layer over the top.
    • Move the playhead to the frame you want the light effect to begin.
    • Add the Light Flare effect to the Grade Layer.
    • Move the Light Flare effect to cover your actor. I suppose at this point you'll scroll through the Flare Type dropdown to see which one looks best to you.
    • Activate keyframing for the Scale of the flare.
    • Turn Scale down to 0.
    • Move to the frame where you want the flare to be it's biggest.
    • Turn Scale up until it's big enough.
    • Move to the frame where you want the flare to start fading. Add a Scale Keyfraem.
    • Move to the frame where you want the flare gone and set Scale to 0.
    • Look for the Light Flare's Color properties if you want the flare to be a different color. Color can also be keyframed if you want the flare to move from blur to red.
  • Triem23

Please do not create multiple threads for the same question.

• faaabd

Thank you for your help.

sorry i just wanted to create the discussion in the right place. 
  • Triem23

Fair enough. If you create a thread another time and decide you want to move it to another subforum tag me with an "@" in front of the name @Triem23

Or you can tag Stargazer54 (other mod) or even Staff (TheBenNorris) and we'll move the thread to a different subforum. I actually moved your merged threads to the "Hitfilm Techniques" subforum. Is that where you want it, or would you prefer "Filmmaking?" ?

• faaabd

ok it's noted :) ok for "Hitfilm Techniques" subforum :)

• Triem23
    edited May 2020

?

You might want to watch this. It goes over most of the controls in the flare. It will help you tune the look to get what you want.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,994 Moderator

@Triem23 I think you might have forgotten to drop a link to a vid here.

• Triem23