Hitfilm OCCASIONALLY Exports Black Screen, with only audio being heard at specific parts (mostly)

SMXTehScrub
SMXTehScrub Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out

I should probably specify on my problem.

So recently I just finished a 7 minute editing project, and upon exporting, I noticed that the entire video was all black, which I could only hear the audio.

This is probably the first time it happened, but upon retrying the export, only a portion of the video was exported, but when the video got to an part where there were effects, the black screen stayed put and stayed on for the rest of the video, despite there no longer being any tough edits.

It always cuts off at this section. I tried cutting the effects used down, but I don’t know. Hitfilm hasn’t done this before

here are my specs (if that’s what you call them? Sorry, not an expert.)

8 GB RAM

CPU: Intel core i3-7100U cpu 2.40Ghz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,934 Staff

@SMXTehScrub please try to ensure that your drivers are all up to date. Does this happen with all exports/effects? Could you perhaps try with a simple project and see if you get the same problem?

• SMXTehScrub

I’m not sure if my driver is up to date. When I go to update drivers on device manager, it says it’s up to date. That being said, the version says it was last updated in 2018, which seems impossible. I don’t know which software to install for my driver. I’m not sure of to navigate for the software either. Like I said, it doesn’t happen with all exports and effects, just this one time this problem has come up.

• SMXTehScrub
    edited May 2020

@TheBenNorris Alright, just updated it. I know I’ve done so because HitFilm no longer notifies me that my GPU is out of date. That being said, the same issue is still occurring. Same black screen, same time frame.

• SMXTehScrub

@TheBenNorris

upon further inspection, it seems that when I now export, the exporting bar completely stops at that area (of exporting). The moment where it’s supposed to export a black screen now halts the entire exporting process. It’s completely stuck there now.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,934 Staff

@SMXTehScrub is there a certain effect or edit at the point that it is continually stopping?

• SMXTehScrub

I can assume so.