Can you add markers to a timeline?

jkmail
jkmail Website User Posts: 32

One method of editing, typical music videos, is to put down a music track and while listening to that track add a marker or keyframe to the timeline on the beat of the music or laying down a master, wide shot, and insert a marker where you want to make cuts.  

Does a similar method for marking the timeline white playing the video exist?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,784 Ambassador

Hitfilm doesn't have built in markers. Easiest workaround is to add a "marker" track to the top of the timeline. You can drag a plane to the desired frame (or a text object). You can mute this track. Your just using it for position reference. 

• jkmail
    jkmail Website User Posts: 32

Thanks, I'll try it.

• wkiess01
    wkiess01 Website User Posts: 17 Just Starting Out*

Hmmm...great idea for a single marker here or there, BUT...you can't just hit a key to the beat of the music and get that marker. It would be awfully painfully to place hundreds of markers manually and then shift them to the beat...Uugghhh...

I also use EDIUS where markers are a part of the timeline functionality. It's so easy to place a bunch of markers to the beat of the music whilst it's playing. HitFilm should have this ability too. Heck, even Avid's Media Composer can do this and so did the various NLE editors before that!

• DA_PA
    DA_PA Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
    edited June 5

We need this:

-Markers with Color

-- Markers for Timeline

--- Footage Markers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,259 Ambassador

@DA_PA Please add you vote to the already posted request for markers here. https://community.fxhome.com/discussion/comment/162218#Comment_162218

Things you want to see added or improved should go into the Feature Request section so the devs can see it. You can easily search for previous posts by typing " [FEATURE] <the thing you want to search for> " in the Search bar at the top. If the request does not already have a post, then please create one there.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,784 Ambassador

@Stargazer54 my bad. I should have posted here I'd tagged Da_pa in that feature request thread already.

• MartinNewmark
    MartinNewmark Website User Posts: 18 Just Starting Out*
    What is the status on makers in HitFilm? Will they ever be implemented? If so, when?
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,259 Ambassador

@MartinNewmark No word yet. We all hope its coming at some point. Please vote up the link higher up in the thread above. The more votes we have the better.