(SOLVED)Transform to "Fit to frame Height" and it starts to lag and gets distorted

blump56
blump56 Website User Posts: 6

The original video is from a Phone recording in portrait mode and when I import it, it gets pulled forward the top 1\4 and bottom 1\4. So when I transform to "fit to frame height" it sets it perfect but it then starts to skip and the picture gets all distorted. Is there anyway to fix this or prevent it from happening?

Comments

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,305 Ambassador

Are you transcoding your footage before editing? If not, that's likely the cause. Footage straight from the phone isn't optimized for editing. 

If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important, and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

• blump56

I downloaded HandBreak and started the encoding process. Thank you for the quick response. I'll let you know if that was the problem.

• blump56
    edited May 2020

Thank you, that was the problem and doing the encode\transcod fixed it.