Hitfilm Express Dark Mode ?

Weak1ings
Weak1ings Website User Posts: 2

Hi, I've been reading previous posts but I haven't seen a guide on how to enable dark mode.

About my setup:
I've used Hitfilm Express for 4-5 years
I freshly installed Hitfilm Express on a new windows installation

From what I understand, I should be able to default to the dark mode but I can't!

How do I enable dark mode without paying?

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,682 Moderator

@Weak1ings You used Express for 4-5 years but was it later than Express 2017?  To be grandfathered in on the Dark Mode without having to get the Basic started addon for $9 on the Pay-What-You-Want set up you have to have had a licensed copy of Express where they all used the same serial number...basically 8 - 14.3 (the current one.) If you did, then go up to File at the top then got to Options and then under Interface should be the setting to enable Dark Mode.  If not, then you have use the Pay-What-You-Want page..."It is the Way" Hope this helps.

• Weak1ings
    Weak1ings Website User Posts: 2
    edited May 2020

@tddavis So my first activation was on 2015 but I have three codes: One for Hitfilm 3 Express Registered in 2015, one for HitFilm Express 2017, in 2018, and one for Hitfilm Express just today, 2020

Is there a way to either remove these later registrations or specify to Hitfilm Express to use a earlier key?

That helps me understand it, thanks.

• tddavis
    edited May 2020

@Weak1ings No, all the registrations prior to the one today were for that specific version of Express and cannot be used on any other version.  Now, the one from today will actually work on Express 8 to the current one which defaults to Light mode. To get the Dark Mode option with 14.3  you will have to use the $9 package Option on the Pay-What-You-Want page

https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-express/pwyw

.   However, you could uninstall the 14.3 you downloaded today and use the What's New page link

https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-express/whats-new

to download 13 before the light mode was introduced.  You will miss out on all the improvements made to Version 14 though, but the registration should work it just fine.

Hope this helps clarify what I meant earlier.

• aniver
    aniver Website User Posts: 0

I watched a tutorial on how to do it and basically "File>Options>Interface>Theme>darkmode" the only problem for me is that i cant see the "Theme" so ye.

• tddavis

@aniver If you are not seeing the option to switch on Dark Mode then you are outside the window to have it for free as explained in the post above yours. You will have to go to the PWYW want process and at a minimum cost of $9 get the dark mode and some other discounted add-on effects as well. Also, a portion of that $9 will go to charities that FxHome supports.