graphics card

JJFJJF Website User Posts: 2
so i am looknig to pick up a laptop to run hitfilm 2 ultimate. the one i am looknig at is the asus g750jw-dh71. the only thing i am worried about on this computer is if the graphics card will hold up. it has a NVIDIA geforce GTX 760M. i'm just not sure if the mobile version will hold up. anyone out there know?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,245 Ambassador
    My laptop is a couple of years old, running the NVidia 580 GTXm. I get reasonable performance out of Hitfilm. Running high particle count Atomic Particles, many massive particle sims or lots of 3D point lights with shadows slows things down, but that will happen with any computer.
    The 760 should be fine. :-)
  • JJFJJF Website User Posts: 2
    awesome! thanks for the info :)
  • MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    I just got a Asus Rog... it has a 860m.  ITs a mobile beast.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    I have the GeForce GT 555M. It's good for semi complicated scenes. The more you add the more it slows. I've pushed the limits a few times and ended up with 5 to 6 hour export times. I imagine the GTX 760M would be somewhat better than what I've got.
    The good thing to come out of it all is I've learned shortcuts to save on export times and in turn, learn HF better.