working with 3d models or 3d effects ,and to re use with deferent project

J.A.A.
J.A.A. Posts: 49
Hi, 
with hit film 2 ultimimate 
when I work  with 3D modeles or 3D effects and i like to import and reuse them with different  project ,
is there any tutorial?
appreciate your help.

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,086 Staff
    Hey J.A.A. :) 
    There are tutorials that can help with learning to work with 3D models - for example, if you take a look here, we have a playlist with 3 videos that will teach you how to import, realistically composite and add other effects to your 3D models. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFqEKMQyy86wgoBKpSrArao_Wlf8YFDMY
    Hope this helps?
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    Also, just a tip. If you use a model in more than one project, you can open a second instance of the HF program then: copy and paste the model into a new project and you won't have to set it up again. Saves a lot of time.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    You could also export a composite shot containing the model, and just import that comp into any projects where you need to use that model in the future.
  • J.A.A.
    edited May 2014
    You could also export a composite shot containing the model, and just import that comp into any projects where you need to use that model in the future.

Thanks Axel Wilkinson,
    It worked well.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,069 Ambassador
    edited May 2014
    Yes, you can save a composite shot with a textured 3D model for import into projects. I do it all the time. :-)
    Another thing you can do is save an entire project, and import is as a composite shot. I prefer this, but saving a composite shot doesn't save any embedded composites. Importing a project as a composite shot lets you choose what composites to import, and will automatically import anything embedded you need.
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Axel ,
    I saw your  tutorial  ( Designing  templates in hitfilm 2ultimate ) great text  tutorial, Can you do the same kind of templates with 3D models /3D effects that you can import with other project ? I tried  wasn't sure but  did not work. Thanks again

I think I got it now. Once you have a model set up in a project:
    1. Right click on the model listed in the PROJECT MEDIA panel.
    2. Select 'Make Composite Shot' from the dropdown box & rename to match the model's name.
    3. Click on 'OK' and a new composite shot with the model name will pop up in the PROJECT MEDIA panel.
    4. Then right click on the new composite shot and select 'Save As' (the 'Save As' option won't appear until after you follow the first 2 steps above- it will be located below 'Make Composite Shot' in the dropdown box list).
    5. Rename the file to the model name and select a folder to save it in.
    You should be able to import the model by selecting 'Composite Shot' when you click on the 'Import...' button.
    If any of this is wrong- someone please correct me.
  • J.A.A.
    edited May 2014
    I think I got it now. Once you have a model set up in a project:
    1. Right click on the model listed in the PROJECT MEDIA panel.
    2. Select 'Make Composite Shot' from the dropdown box & rename to match the model's name.
    3. Click on 'OK' and a new composite shot with the model name will pop up in the PROJECT MEDIA panel.
    4. Then right click on the new composite shot and select 'Save As' (the 'Save As' option won't appear until after you follow the first 2 steps above- it will be located below 'Make Composite Shot' in the dropdown box list).
    5. Rename the file to the model name and select a folder to save it in.
    You should be able to import the model by selecting 'Composite Shot' when you click on the 'Import...' button.
    If any of this is wrong- someone please correct me.

Hi,
    I tried , I don't know what I am doing wrong but somehow did not work for me ,appreciate your help.