What do you call this?

CalebKCalebK Website User Posts: 435
Hello again! I have been planing out some future movies to film over the summer.  Me and my friends have came up with some promising ideas that involve minimum budget.  However their are certainly times i wish i had a green screen studio that had markers and such.  How can i search one that might be available for rental?

Comments

• rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
     I know locally there is a film school that has a decent one, and the students get free access to it, including 6 months after they graduate. If you have something similar in your area and can get one of the students involved in your project, you should have access to it.  If not, it's possible the school might rent the space out.
  • B3NB4ILB3NB4IL Website User Posts: 74
    Normally a quick search for, "Production studios for hire" should bring up some nearby results for you, however hiring such a studio may chew into your budget a tad, but if you're okay with that, then great.
    Additionally, you could go and find a vibrant blue/green material (curtains, tablecloth, matte paper rolls, etc) and stick them up against walls or a frame. 
  • ivanhurbaivanhurba Website User Posts: 27
    Following B3NB4IL's suggestion, buy table tennis (ping pong) balls, paint some Xs if it's necessary , glue some velcro, double sided tape or suction cups and throw them around. The orange ones are very effective.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Ideally you want to put markers on which are different enough tonally or in contrast to enable your tracking software to pick them up, while being close enough to the greenscreen that you can still key them out without having to do a ton of manual roto.