VIDEO CLIPS TO BE REVERSED AND SLOW MOTION

J.A.A.
J.A.A. Posts: 49
Hi Guys ,
How can you revers your video clip and  to do slow motion,with hit film2 ultimate
Thank for your help.

Comments

• OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Posts: 478
    edited May 2014
    Edit:  Reverse Playback - use the speed effect - set the variable to negative (if working partway through a clip) otherwise as Axel mentions below use the Time Reverse Effect. 
    Slow Motion - use the speed effect - set the variable to anything between 0.0 and 1.0
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    edited May 2014
    To reverse your clip, use the Time Reverse effect.  To change the speed of your clip, use the Speed effect.
    Negative values in the Speed effect won't work on an entire clip; they are intended for changing the direction of playback midway through your clip when keyframing speed effects.  You can't go backward from the first frame, as there are no frames available before it, so negative values in Speed will just give a black frame, unless you keyframe into the negative value partway through the clip.
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Posts: 478
    Negative values in the Speed effect won't work on an entire clip; they are intended for changing the direction of playback midway through your clip when keyframing speed effects. 

Ah yes forgot about this, thanks for clearing that up!  Editing above reply!

• J.A.A.
    J.A.A. Posts: 49
    edited May 2014

I didn't know that hit film had revers effect THANK you Guys for your help ,
    I was a little surprised that the speed effect wasn't impressive,
    but still I am very happy with hitfilm 2 ultimate 
  • CalebK
    CalebK Posts: 435
    I didn't know that hit film had revers effect THANK you Guys for your help ,
    I was a little surprised that the speed effect wasn't impressive,
    but still I am very happy with hitfilm 2 ultimate 

Yah the speed effect makes it hard to see how much you are actually slowing things down.  I frequently have to render multiple times till i have is just right.

• Majahr
    Majahr Posts: 572 Enthusiast
    BTW: It would be cool, if the speed effect got a render improvement. If you use values <> +/-1.0 (or 0.0), the generated sub-images aren't well interpolated and results into ghosts...