Mocha doesn't have straight lines.

vanya_k
vanya_k Posts: 141 Just Starting Out*
edited April 2020 in Post-production techniques

I tried to use Mocha in hit film. pro but its  nightmare to use, its much easier to go frame by frame in HIT FILM as HF has straight lines. Mocha has.4 types of bendy, rubbery bezier lines. I need precision and I NEVER EVER USE anything but straight lines. Sometimes I use 20 points where you can use 1 but its a precision thing. SO I already hate Mocha at this point and wanna know if there is any workaround to get straight edges or should I just use native HitFilm masks because they have a straight line option. And I mean straight right away. Not like I have to fiddle with it for 4 min. and than it's straight, Like click-click and you got a straight line. Does this exist in mocha?

Comments

• vanya_k
  • For an xspline grab the blue handle to adjust the corner sharpness 

• vanya_k
    edited April 2020

superdumbkid I understand sir but that's what I was saying they gave us 4 types of splines and they are all the same. They all need to be adjusted after they are made. That's triple the already huge amount of rotoscoping time necessary. Mocha makes hardship of rotoscope even worse. I thought they were suppose to be solution for the problem. Imagine having to roto a moving skyline of the city that requires all hard edges like I am doing  now. Or a Transformer ? Good luck . I don't think that would be even possible with mocha unless using their rectangles for masks, bezier work no way.. But I guess it's more like fire, smoke, explosions and **** like that that people rotoscope that has that bendy, m rubbery shape that Mocha supoports. Well back to Frame by frame and hitfilm masking.

• Interesting.  When I do x spline  (the first option) I always by default, get completely sharp corners/straight lines.  I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help.   Cheers.

• vanya_k
    edited April 2020

superdumbkid Haha ok I will get some sleep and try again later and watch a lot of tutorials. Rotoscoping for hours makes me question life haha .Thanks for your help now knowing you can do it I am starting to think it's a bug in Mocha in my version.