Deflickering a Timelapse

Hello,

I have a timelapse and there is some flickering. I was wondering if there is some way to fix the flickering.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

John

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,219 Expert

@JKittles275 If, as I suspect, the flickering is caused by subtle changes in the lighting over time (and this could be due to  number of things; people moving about the room behind the camera, ceiling fans, etc. even natural lighting from windows will change as the sun moves.) This will be a very intensive process to correct and I doubt there is any automatic effect to do it, but I could be wrong.  Hope this helps a little.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,279 Power User

@JKittles275 is @tddavis correct? Are you discussing flickering in brightness? If so, there's a whole other series of questions regarding the settings of your camera during the shoot, although the TL/DR is always shoot full-manual to minimize changes from variance in light meter readings. 

Now Terry (tddavis) is about to facepalm because he is overlooking the Auto Color, Auto Levels and Auto Contrast effects. These are built-in to Pro, I believe they are add-ons in Express.

These Auto effects are your best bet for an automated fix. A key thing will be finding a "good frame" and setting the "select frame" feature in the effect to that good frame.

Auto effects are slow to process. Expect to take a big hit on both real time preview speed and render speed. 

If the Auto effects don't do it, then manual adjustment is your option. 

• AramM
    AramM Posts: 155 Enthusiast

If you have lightroom classic, it has a match total brightness feature that you can use to balance the brightness of all your pictures. 

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,219 Expert
    edited April 2020

@Triem23 No, no face palm this time just furious (well, copious is a better word) note taking.  I did not even realize those could be used like that with base frame.  Very good to know! I have never looked into the auto correction effect at all.  Guess I should... :)