Hitfilm Express download not possible because of SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

monosanmonosan Website User Posts: 1

Hello @all.

I´m not able to download HitFilmexpress 14.

Not with the provided link in the e-mail from FXhome.com and not afterlogging in to the acount.
Neither with Firefox or Edge. (SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT)

Looks like a certificat problem.

Am i missing something on my side, or is there a problem on fxhome.com?

Thank you.

mono

Comments

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,572 Staff

@monosan is this an error in the browser or installer? I can only recommend trying again currently.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,308 Ambassador

@monosan @TheBenNorris

FWIW I'm certainly not a coder or web guy. That said, NORMALLY an SSL error would happen at the server end, however I've just successfully downloaded Hitfilm Express on my laptop (Firefox) my wife's laptop (Chrome) my phone (Opera) and my wife's phone (Firefox for Android). All downloads worked flawlessly. Both PC downloads installed correctly. I'm on the west coast of the USA. This could be important, and I'll come back to the point in a minute. 

More importantly, a true SSL (Secure Socket Layer) error at the FXHOME server end would affect ALL users and there'd be either a lot more threads with the issue or a lot more responses here. While there absolutely COULD be a problem at the FXHOME end, I don't know how things are set up. Is FXHOME using different servers for different regions? I'm USA. Maybe monosan is in Europe and FXHOME uses a different European server? In that case the European server could have an SSL issue while the US server is fine? It's also possible that there's glitch at monosan's ISP, or, maybe monosan has security options turned up so high that the browser is rejecting the download?

Dunno. Just providing data - download works for me - and spitballing a couple of ideas. 

Monosan, I believe Ben's primary job is Hitfilm developer while there are other Staff who are primarily web. Ben, should monosan open a Support ticket that can route to a suitable Staff member, or should you tag a web guy (or refer) here? I don't think site security certificates are your wheelhouse. 

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,572 Staff

@Triem23 contacting support may be worthwhile, but it is currently extremely busy. It would be ideal if OP could try again before contacting support about this. I have a valid certificate here (Norwich, UK). It may just be worth trying again now.