FILMSTRO : A basic walk-through by a novice user.

DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 879 Enthusiast

Think this should go in here?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

Tony I'm gonna move this from "Everything Else" to "Filmmaking."

Although I think either sub-forum works, but Filmstro is music and music is part of filmmaking. All copacetic?

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 879 Enthusiast

Yep, all good with that.

I'd be interested from other Filmstro users if they get similar lag when building a project.
    I have a 3770K (no overclock) with GTX 760 and 16gb of RAM so it's possibly my machine.

• DataDesignDataDesign Website User Posts: 440 Enthusiast

@DafterThings

Do you know if music downloaded from Filmstro still belongs to you, if you let your subscription lapse?

There are so many nice musical pieces, that I would like to download, but don't have a project right now to use them in. But I would like to keep them on my computer until I have a need for them.

Also, if I have downloaded and used a piece, can I still re-edit the score after the subscription lapses, or does Filmstro stop working? I watched your video, but I am still a little foggy on these items.

Thanks

• DafterThingsDafterThings Website User Posts: 879 Enthusiast

The simple answer is "I don't know"

Filmstro offer 30 seconds version of the static tracks copyright free and 'in perpetuity but I don't know what happens with the software if I allow my license to run out.

• DataDesignDataDesign Website User Posts: 440 Enthusiast