Video Games! What are you playing now, what are your favorites?

JavertValbarrJavertValbarr StaffAdministrator, Website User Posts: 297 Staff

Original Instagram post

Playing now:

• Call of Duty: Warzone
  • The Sinking City

Favorites:

Comments

• StevenSpicerStevenSpicer Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 35 Staff

I bought a second-hand copy of Anthem recently. It's actually quite fun to play (between the server-outages), and the environment design is stunning. I could spend hours just flying around in my mech suit admiring the vistas.

I've been playing a lot of Minecraft recently, so once my monthly quota for how much Minecraft I can play has reset I'll probably be jumping back on that to create some cool structures.

• OliThompsonOliThompson Staff Administrator, Website User Posts: 140 Staff

I've been playing Overwatch quite a bit recently! The quick games on there are great for just jumping in. I've also hopped back into World of Warcraft after taking a few months away. It's been a blast! Other than that, I've had a couple of games on Warzone which is great, planning on putting more time into it soon.

Looking forward to seeing what other people have been playing!

• iamkhanproductionsiamkhanproductions Website User Posts: 191 Enthusiast

Insurgency sandstorm and arma 3

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,182 Moderator

I don't think I have played a game (other than the once a year or so Solitaire) since Drakan way back in the 1990s :) I've always been more about Productivity software, I guess.

• DrHansAPlastDrHansAPlast Website User Posts: 10 Just Starting Out

1. Quake Champions
    2. Doom Eternal
    3. COD Modern Warfare
    4. Black Mesa

• tomkane18tomkane18 Website User Posts: 28 Enthusiast

Currently playing World War Z (got it free last week from Epic) mixed in with Fortnite.
    For some reason, I've won 2 solo matches in 2 nights in Fortnite after winning just 1 in the previous 12 months.

On the wishlist:
    Resident Evil 2
    Black Mesa

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,947 Enthusiast

Back in the day I played a lot of Adventure games. The genre was popular once and there were many good titles coming out. That dried up. I did not play action type games until last year. A curious path led me to playing an action adventure game. Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Boy did I suck at the action/shooting thing initially. Now I am kinda liking this action game thing.

Currently playing

Red Dead Redemption 2 (massive game and that is an understatement).

The Tomb Raider reboot trilogy... backwards.

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (more adventure oriented)
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider

I played a couple of newer adventure games

• Obduction
    • The Witness 

I also replayed some old adventure games I played 20 years ago.

• Grim Fandango Remastered (LucasArts at their finest!)
    • Real Myst Masterpiece

NormanPCN  What are your thought on Obduction and The Witness?

I also got those free from Epic but haven't installed them yet.

There seems to be some interesting, independent adventure games on Epic that I might try (especially because they were free.

If anyone didn't know, Epic Games gives away 1 - 4 games away for free every couple weeks.  You just need an Epic account to claim them.  I must have about 40 games in my account.  Not the biggest titles in the world (aside from Watchdogs and World War Z) but more than half look interesting.

• GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,368 Enthusiast
    edited April 7

Well now. I guess I'll have to hunt down @JavertValbarr in the Warzone and plunder his money or hook up and do some Battle Royal. Hooah! Stay Frosty!

@tddavis - playing online games with these youngster keeps up your hand eye coordination. Lil suckers are quick!!?

I been gaming since I was 30 or so. Got my boy and my Grandsons trained to whoop me. I do like a bit of reality at times...so my all time favorite is America's Army - Proving Grounds

https://www.americasarmy.com/

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 3,947 Enthusiast
    edited April 8

@tomkane18

Obduction - Very Myst like. Same Devs (Cyan) so not surprising I guess. Not sure if comparing to Myst that helps you any.

Some puzzles were a touch too hard. I think in one instance they broke their own "rules" just to make a specific gauntlet harder. The Alien number system was a pain but I found a combo that worked for all bridges so I got by.

The Witness - Total puzzle book like. Maze puzzles. Quite different than anything I had played. You solve puzzles on various computer displays throughout the environment. Some audio puzzles. I remember the cast shadow perspective ones were tough to figure out for me. 12-15 sections in the whole game but you only need to solve 7(?) to end game if you want. Each section is a different type/class of puzzle on the display. Entertaining but a little tough at times.

I'll definitely give those a try at some point.

Myst was one of the first games I purchased when I got my first PC back in 1995.
    That sounds like a long time ago.  

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,722 Ambassador

Space Taxi on the Amiga

• BquarrieBquarrie Website User Posts: 12

I like old-school sidescroller games, so at the moment I'm playing:

Gradius V (PS2),

Castlevania - Symphony Of The Night (PS4)

Castlevania - Rondo Of Blood (PS4)

:)