Strange results

GarethOwenGarethOwen Website User Posts: 191 Just Starting Out

Hey I have just seen this and I have no idea why it has happened?  It seems to be either a bug or strange lagging although its not lagging?

recorded it from screen grab for people to view

Comments

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,558 Staff

@GarethOwen I know 2 minutes is short but could you please highlight/say what it is that is going wrong. "Strange results" is not very informative.

• GarethOwenGarethOwen Website User Posts: 191 Just Starting Out

I thought the video would have shown what the issue was.? Ok il quickly explain in full what has happened.

I had a asset on the right that was playing smooth and fine, Then I created a comp. As you can see I had done 2 pre render's on the left under the import box also, And what was then suppose to happen was the clip I had a comped together from the video from the right that should be playing back, Yet the play back was a black screen. The time play icon was playing smoothly yet the screen was not showing anything that why I was moving the curser around. Then it would then appear the asset and then the text effect that I had in the comp also. I only had a few elements (layers) attached to it, For some reason it started to appear then lag yet the playback icon was smooth

Basically as you can see the strange result was why and how was this lagging and not playing for in the comp. My Pc wasn't at full power or was it struggling with process power but for some reason the comp was not having any of it.  

Hope this was more informative?

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,558 Staff

@GarethOwen now that i've had more time to sit down and look I can see what your problem is. Your machine seems to have decent specs, but I will assume it's a combination of effects and the mask on top of the high-res video. Could you try it without the mask/effects in different combinations? This may help us find an obvious problem, thank you.

• chrigufchriguf Website User Posts: 286 Just Starting Out
    edited March 30

press on the preview button (right of play-button) or Alt+L. this will prerender your footage, i assume, that your hardware is not capable to show in realtime our combined composite-shoot.

• GarethOwenGarethOwen Website User Posts: 191 Just Starting Out

@ThebenNorris I think I know what the issue was or some what of it, to my knowledge so far,

I believe because the asset was playing a certain frame per second  23.97compared to my normal project settings 25fps. As when you place the footage on the time line it asks for you if you want to keep the project settings or change it to suit the timeline,

What I did was closed the project and started again and it worked fine after that made sure my project timeline matched what I was importating and vise versa

Since then I have created more and bigger layer's together and this had not happened again and so it has nothing to do with the layer's , I mean it can play back 4k easy  with a basic masking would not lead my system to  sluggish.

@chriguf "your hardware is not capable to show in realtime"

I use a RTX 2060 Super and AMD Ryzen 3700x and 32gigs of Ram , Why do you think it could not handle a 2 layers in a pre comp? Even after i already pre rendered everything in the side panel

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,707 Ambassador

@GarethOwen Give @chriguf a break.  No way they could know your system specs if not listed in the thread.  I'm sure you've posted them before but you can't expect us all to remember everybody's rig.   When I first read the thread yesterday I was thinking the same thing as @chriguf.

@Stargazer54 Gareth's specs are in the video around the mid point, but I can understand why people would not have seen that.

@GarethOwen glad you found a solution, I'll keep an eye out for any similar issues people have.