Concatenation of Mixamo animations

punglisinpunglisin Website User Posts: 9
edited March 29 in HitFilm

Hello everyone!
after creating a 3d model, I created animations through mixamo. These work well individually, but if I try to chain more animation sequences (after setting the strength, custom playback etc.) a part of the model precisely the body stops animating while the rest (the bones) continue to animate and move. What can it be due to? I repeat: the individual animations work individually. Note: an older version of the 3d model works with the concatenation of animations .. so can it be something starting from the 3d model? Could it be for example a grouping of objects (CTRL+J) performed on Blender ? Thanks! :-)

Comments

• tddavistddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,166 Moderator

@punglishin I have been trying to do the same thing.  I bookmarked these tutorials but I have not had the chance to work through them on my own yet.  They may point you in the right direction though.

• punglisinpunglisin Website User Posts: 9

@tddavis Thanks for the quick answer! :-) I will watch these tutorials even if I preferred to chain the animations directly within hitfilm and not in Blender ... I don't know what happened but with an older model the sequence of animations worked inside hitfilm. Thank you :)

@punglishin I never had any luck doing it directly in Hitfilm.  One thing I did with a little success was to render each sequence out from Blender as PNGs then stack them in Hitfilm but sometimes there was a little offset if I kept the Hitfilm camera static.  If I could cut away to a different view it worked better for me, but the project I'm working on now I want to do what you are trying and make it seamless.

@tddavis Ok!  Let me know the updates if you can make it the way you want it. Good day ;-)

edited March 30

@tddavis I finally solved the error! As I said in the first message, hitfilm does not move the parts of the 3D model that it sees as "detached": groups of joined objects do not animate. So I managed to unjoin in Blender the part that did not move  and now the chain of animations within HitFilm works! ;-)

@punglisin Thanks!  I'll be sure to give it a go and see if I can have the same luck.