How do you make something pixelated instead of blurry

Epicsaurus
Epicsaurus Website User Posts: 35 Just Starting Out

So I had this idea of making a minecraft character in hitfilm, but there is one problem with that. When I import the skin file, it appears blurry. Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,736 Staff

@Epicsaurus I think you may have figured this out already, but I'm assuming the MC skin is only a few pixels in size, which means it will need to be upscaled if you want to make it large in HitFilm. Unfortunately HitFilm does not support different scaling algorithms currently, so we cannot keep it pixel-perfect as it scales.

• Epicsaurus
    Epicsaurus Website User Posts: 35 Just Starting Out
    edited March 2020

@TheBenNorris I found a method that slightly works. I scaled it up to 1000 and made the composite shot 10 times the image size (640 x 640). Then I added the Mosaic effect, setting it to 64x64. Finally, I added the Alpha Brightness and Contrast effect, set the contrast to 100, and then duplicated the effect multiple times.