Only Audio from my Note 10 videos

PhilNolanPhilNolan Website User Posts: 70

I noticed something strange.  When I try to load a  video from my phone, the Galaxy Note 10+, into hitFilm Pro 14 the video loads as only audio, like I loaded an MP3. I can run the video through Handbrake first and then it will load but it's upside down. I can work with this but it's a pain in the butt for every video I shoot on my phone. I've used lots of phone videos in the past and they were all fine.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

The upside down? Beats me. 

Having to transcode? The Note 10+ shoots h.265 video by default. Hitfilm doesn't import h.265. 

• iNateiNate Website User Posts: 43 Just Starting Out

Note shoots H.264 by default. HEVC is an advanced recording option, and is not enabled OOTB. No phones on the market shoot HEIC/HEVC by default. Maybe iPhones, but I’m pretty sure mine defaulted to Most Compatible.

Upside down idea can happen when the phone detects an incorrect orientation change. Sometimes people don’t notice that the icons in the camera app are upside down and push record. If you start recording with the camera facing down, this can easily happen. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

Huh. Can you post a MediaInfo report of one of the Note clips? If it's AVC Hitfilm should be reading it...